At this time, it’s best to call ahead if you see a class you are interested in, as class-size is limited to 10 people only. Please see our COVID-19 page for the steps we are taking to keep everyone at Ho’o Hui safe and healthy.
If you are attending a class or workshop at Ho’o Hui for the first time, we encourage you do some or all of the following to ensure a comfortable, safe, physically and mentally fulfilling experience:
- Wear loose but fitted, comfortable clothing that breathes (for example, is made of cotton), and shoes that you can remove or that are meant for indoor spaces only.
- Bring a personal bottle of water that you can easily access during class. We are always thinking about hydration at Ho’o Hui, as it is integral to the support of your connective tissue. But not to fear – if you ever forget your bottle of water, we have water available for you.
- If you have long hair you might want to bring a hair elastic to tie it back.
- Know that any and all of our classes include an awareness of the body in its entirety and instructors always begin with movements or steps to warm up. If you know that it takes you a little longer to warm up, we ask that you take the steps to make sure you get that. Remember, it’s all about each person’s individual kuleana (responsibility). The studio is always open and available for you to warm up pre-class in the half hour before class begins.
- Parking is available in the front, side and back of the building.